Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blogging? Me?

It would appear that blogging is a necessary evil if one wishes to write. Since I just released my first work for sale on Amazon, I've reluctantly decided to try it. The book is titled ClassiQuest Science: Logic Stage Biology. It's intended for those homeschools and charter schools using the classical model of education, especially as presented in The Well-Trained Mind by Jessie Wise and Susan Wise Bauer.

The ClassiQuest series was created to fill a void.  As my daughter entered the middle school years, I discovered that there were no comprehensive science programs for the logic stage. I realized I would have to create my own lesson plans and materials and it occurred to me that others might benefit.  So I set to work writing and publishing.

I'm pleased with my first book, and look forward to writing the next one which will be called ClassiQuest Science: Astronomy & Geoscience. I have a working outline, and I'm confident I'll be able to release it in early 2011. I expect to have all of logic stage (a.k.a. dialectic stage) science available in 2011. I am also working on a set of lesson plans for the rhetoric stage which will coordinate the reading recommendations of The Well-Trained Mind with high school level lab work and training in research paper creation.

What else?  I'm thinking of creating ClassiQuest study guides for art and music education.  These guides would contain lessons in history and appreciation, as well as skills practice.  In addition, I'm considering a series on philosophy and religious studies/history of religion.  Whew!  I'd better sign off and get busy!